What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of text that the websites you visit send to your browser and that allows the website to remember information about your visit, such as your preferred language and other options, in order to facilitate your next visit and make the website more user-friendly. site more useful to you. Cookies play a very important role and contribute to a better browsing experience for the user.
Types of cookies.
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and the data obtained is processed, two types can be distinguished: own cookies and third-party cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client’s browser, which may be session cookies or persistent cookies.
Cookies used on the web.
Next, the cookies that are being used in this portal are identified, as well as their type and function:
- The website https://b2blacarolina.com uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service developed by Google, which allows the measurement and analysis of navigation on web pages. In your browser you can see cookies from this service. According to the previous typology, these are own, session and analysis cookies.
- Through web analytics, information is obtained regarding the number of users who access the web, the number of pages viewed, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator that provides the service, the language , the terminal you use and the city to which your IP address is assigned. Information that enables a better and more appropriate service by this portal.
- To ensure anonymity, Google will anonymize your information by truncating the IP address before storing it, so Google Analytics is not used to locate or collect personally identifiable information from site visitors. Google may only send the information collected by Google Analytics to third parties when it is legally obliged to do so. In accordance with the terms of provision of the Google Analytics service, Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Other own cookies can be downloaded in the following cases:
- In the case of Screen customization: increase or decrease the display area of the page. This cookie is optional if this parameter is configured.
- On pages that require identification: there may be a cookie to control the Session identifier
How to modify cookie settings.
You can restrict, block or delete City Hall cookies or any other web page, using your browser. In each browser the operation is different, in the following links you can obtain instructions on how to do it.
- Internet Explorer